In The Grammar we aim for the highest in all that we do. Sometimes though you may feel that you have a concern that you wish to raise. In The Grammar we follow South Lanarkshire Council Complaints Guidelines. In addition, we have our own comprehensive Complaints and Concerns Policy.

This states that if you feel you wish to contact us with a concern, either by phone, visit or letter, we will investigate your concern, and inform you by phone of our findings and actions within 2 working days, or by letter within 3 working days.

If you phone us, it is our stated objective that we answer your call within 5 rings, and if you write to us and include a contact phone number, to call within 48 hours, or reply to your letter within 1 week. We will monitor this Monthly, and will publish our findings on the website. You can also use the School Website to contact us directly, and we aim to respond to your email within 48 hours.

In addition to this, we would also like to hear from you if you wish to praise an initiative we are undertaking, or an individual pupil for their actions, as these are as valid for us as any other form of communication.

How do I register a concern / complaint ?

By phone, stating the nature of your concern and leaving a contact number so that we can return your call.

2. By letter, stating the nature of your concern and leaving your address or phone number so that we can contact you.

3. By visit, stating at the School Office the nature of your concern and where possible being directed to the relevant member of the SMT.

What happens next ?

We will investigate your complaint / concern, and then contact you within the specified timescale to outline our findings and actions.

What actions do we take ?

These depend on our findings, and have in the past involved special Yeargroup Assemblies where we discuss an issue to all involved. We have also included lessons in PSHE where particular concerns have been addressed. Individual staff have spoken with Parents about issues, and staff have discussed concerns that have been raised. Should disciplinary action be required, we follow South Lanarkshire and our own discipline policy recommendations.

Actions are dependent on circumstances and evidence collation.

What if I am unhappy with the Action taken ?

Please contact us to let us know of your concerns. Hopefully this will not happen as well will do our best to explain why a particular course of action has been taken. Although we do our very best at all times, regrettably, we still receive a number of complaints / concerns every month. We are very open about these, because in The Grammar we recognise that we are the major focal point of the Community, and as such we take our responsibilities to you very seriously. We publish figures for complaints / concerns we receive each month as we believe that being open and frank assists us in our future developments.

If you remain unsatisfied with how your concern has been handled by The Grammar and South Lanarkshire Council, you have the right to refer it onwards to the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman can be contacted at:

The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Freepost EH641
Edinburgh EH3 0BR

Phone - 0870 011 5378
Fax - 0870 011 5379

Email ;

Last modified: Friday, 6 July 2012, 7:30 PM